Saturday, July 22, 2006

In which one girlish dream comes true.


Thank you, Tracy!

Pete and I threw a little going away party last night, and Pete's union colleague Tracy brought us this wonder of modern cute technology. I will toast with great joy from this day forth!

The party itself was so lovely-- I will miss our friends in Austin so much. Leaving my last place was so much easier, since I really hated the place and couldn't imagine wanting to go back. But now, every time I see a reference to Austin, I will get all misty and nostalgic for all of the wonderful people that I know here. Can't you all come with me?

The commentor from the previous post's news that our favorite doctor is now home has been confirmed by the office staff at his practice. My appointment (regular follow up) has been rescheduled for this week. I was unaware when Pete posted that the good doctor's name would bring up our blog in a google search: when I google my own name, I don't actually show up until a few pages in, but our little post was there at the top of the list. Should I edit his name off here?

Looking at the headlines today, I'm starting to wonder if there isn't a September 1, 1939 kind of feeling around my own personal celebrations. Am I just revealing my gift for fretting myself out of enjoying myself?

At any rate, I'm so relieved that at least a few people are getting out of the line of the fire, and I will continue to worry about our friends who are still there. I can't help it. Keep safe, y'all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

hey, i'll come with ya if you promise to make me toast every day with your new toaster. oh, yeah, and also hire me as your t.a. :-)

it was a great party!

July 22, 2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger The Brown Recluse said...

Have you made any toast yet? As you ate it did you mimic the muffled screams of a mouthless kitty being devoured?

July 24, 2006 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home