Sunday, July 15, 2007

Just to confirm I'm actually 13 years old...

We move from the excitement surrounding the ensuing end of the Harry Potter series, to the new excitement that they are making a movie out of Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. The first movie comes out in December. Hooray!
As part of the promotion for the movie, they've got a website that helps you to find out what your daemon would be. Daemons are the physical manifestations of the human soul, and their animal forms reflect the true nature of the human being. Children's daemons are constantly shifting, but the daemons of adults settle sometime around puberty.
So my result was a crow daemon, but I guess you can change that:

Well? I have to say that I felt quite smug about the crow outcome, considering that many of the scholars in the book have bird daemons. However, the first time I took the quiz I got a snow leopard daemon, like Lyra's father. That outcome, as it made me look adventurous and dangerous, was pretty frickin' awesome. Since then, I've taken the quiz over and over, but I haven't gotten the snow leopard response again. pooh.
Like most academics, I guess me and my soul will just have to settle down with the books again, and be content with getting our adventures second hand. Or maybe you all will reclaim my snow leopard daemon for me?

4 Comments:

Blogger la rebelde said...

i got a wildcat deamon called phrryus (sp?) or something like that. it said i'm softspoken. i'm not sure how i feel about that!

on another note, i saw harry potter this weekend. just like pete said. although, i still really enjoyed the movie. too bad there wasn't more about the order!

July 16, 2007 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're all a bunch of nerds!...but I love you anyway.

July 18, 2007 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a chimp!
Yeah, Sara, but what's your daemon?
Ha.
Sarita

July 18, 2007 9:46 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Um. I started answering the questions to find my daemon and when I saw there were twenty, I quit. Just to confirm that I'm actually *old*.

July 19, 2007 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home