Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I Mostly Feel Sad for the Turkeys

Well, I challenged y'all, and I have to say that Pete's brother Jake has responded with some stunning plates.
Witness:


Now, the turkey is a noble beast:

Hello, Sexy!
Originally uploaded by the anti-binky.


I wonder what it is about turkeys that inspires ceramics designers to excess. As pooh would say, I'm going to have to give that a good think. Right after I finish the dissertation.
Jake actually sent this challenge to a large group of people, and they found many many interesting plates. You can see their conversation here: http://www.sakeriver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1711
I actually find these two to be truly awesome:




The frog plate is by an artist named Jim Schrempp. I really wouldn't turn my nose up at one of these, but I can imagine that this plate would make eating spaghetti-os into more of an event/ ordeal than absolutely necessary. Alas.

I also I agree with one of the posters in Jake's forum that in a strange way, these are all kind of nice. Unfortunately, I think that I have gotten a bit ahead of myself in thinking about the aesthetics of our future dishware. When it comes down to it, our primary concern has to be with our mutual tendencies towards clumsiness. The bottom line, the only real criteria for Pete 'n' Lo's dishware:

It has to be virtually indestructible.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

Note Lola's deictic here. "OUR" tendency toward clumsiness. In other words, "broken dishes are NOT all Pete's fault." Communication is so important in a relationship.

April 04, 2006 11:10 PM  
Blogger lo said...

As is diplomacy, luv.

April 04, 2006 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home