Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Call a waaahmbulance.

Okay! I know that anyone reading this will play "Cry Me a River" on the world's smallest violin, but I have made a Scientific! discovery.
I now have three points of data that suggest that the beginnings of fellowships are kind of depressing. Consider:

1)Fall, 1997. At the beginning of fellowship # 1 I watch reruns of "The Golden Girls" obsessively, and force college boyfriend to reconsider my worth as a girlfriend. Am deeply shamed when said worth comes up to not much, considering "Golden Girls" obsession, and also, fear of busdriver.

2) Fall 2004. At the beginning of fellowship # 2, I develop fear of squirrels, and the mailman. I make the mistake of telling people about this.

3) Fall 2006. Fellowship #3. New house, new town, no t.v. The cats hate me.
Nobody in town knows my name, but the student loan people already know where I live.
I find myself repeating the phrase, "un tejon tejano tejiendo" over and over in my head, but not being able to proceed from that.

So, three points of data is a trend, right? But soon I will embrace my costly isolation, decide that the Golden Girls are better than any dang boyfriend ever could be, and tell the cats to take a hike, and fear no squirell evermore. I shall become the knitting Texan badger of my dreams. The end.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, as your husband, I heartily endorse your choosing the Golden Girls over a boyfriend.

September 06, 2006 7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, I think you must be mistaken... if you're going to be a knitting Texas animal, I do think you should be an armadillo! Consider the advantages: An armored shell to keep out the student loan people (and the cats), and those cute little ears and the pointy nose that every Texan loves. What could be better? Just don't be crossing the road during rush hour, ok?
Tracy Goins (TSEU misses you!)

September 07, 2006 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up with the cats with attitude?

Carlena

September 08, 2006 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home