Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day from the Man of Love

It's not quite our blogaversary yet, but the Man of Love is back for Valentine's Day to remind our dwindling readership that Diamonds are special, but love is more precious. Thanks once again to our ring "burier" Alex for this image and to our other ring "burier," Aaron for a drawing we never posted.

Before the wedding, I was looking for love poetry, and I decided to see what the Interwebs had to offer. Here is a shining example, a shout from the Global South. Hope you're sitting down, colonizer!

Gravity of Love

Submitted by Seyi Oshijirin Nigeria

Mathematicians build the world
Mathematicians rule the world
Nothing without mathematical _expression in the world,
My believe is in codes and numbers
My believe is in logic and equations
That leads to logical reasoning.

Many problems I ve solved by codes and equations
All equations I ve solved by logic, symbols and numbers
Yet I m not satisfied by my lifetime pursuits.
One day, one day I asked myself

What is the right number or symbol?
What is the perfect equation?
What truly is LOGIC?
And who decides right reasoning?

In cause of no answer to my quest,
I traveled through the physical and metaphysical,
I traveled through the delusional and mystical
And at last back to the physical.

I made most important invention of my life career
That it's only in the mysterious equation; logic of love
Any logical; mystical and psychological reasoning can be found.
It's you in me I only believe that s true and real

Your love is mysterious as an echo in my heart
Your love is natural as life in my heart
Forever will you be new as day in my life
You're the only reason why I live and continue
In my logic, equation, number, symbol and code.

Happy Valentine's Day, all! We miss you.

2 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

hooray! the man of love is back! i hope that the two of you have a great v-day. :)

February 14, 2007 11:49 AM  
Blogger la rebelde said...

happy v-day you guys!

February 14, 2007 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home