Monday, February 05, 2007

Hi, Isa!

Hey! I've been tagged! By Isa!
It's a "Cinco Cosas" thing that all the elite Chican@ bloggers are doing. I'm partly giddy at the attention, since no one here knows me and I'm feeling a little forlorn. But also? I'm feeling a little worried about exposing my five horrible secrets. And also? A little worried that they're not as secret as I think.
Here goes!
1) I am a Battlestar Galactica freak. I often use the word "frak" to express displeasure.
2) I learned how to knit after graduating from college, mostly to distract my parents from noticing that I wasn't really looking for a job. Knitting helped me to look almost constantly busy. This tactic worked for almost a month and half, and my niece got a sweater.
3) Did you know that you can have arthritis in your sternum? I have found that my old war wound responds to cold in a frakkin' painful manner. When will I ever reach the bottom of the bucket of side effects?
4) I really like to eat tomato paste out of the can.
5) I just made a new pillowcase out of lime green flannel festooned with sock monkies. The beauty part of sewing is that you turn it inside out, and all the parts that you messed up are hidden.
Hooray!
um. I tag you. Ur it. Specially if yr. Olga.

3 Comments:

Blogger la rebelde said...

Ah...I have such crafty friends! Maybe I should take up knitting or something--it would be a great project to distract me from my...eh hem...other distractions.

February 07, 2007 11:02 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

tomato paste out of the can? ewwww. :)

February 07, 2007 2:08 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

You know, it's never actually occurred to me to try eating tomato paste out of a can. Next time I open a can I'll have to have some.

If you want more BSG discussion than you can shake a stick at, check out this thread:

http://tinyurl.com/2pgqjg

February 08, 2007 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home