Monday, September 10, 2007

In Which we make beautiful music

First, Lo:
(With apologies to John Donne in particular and the English language in general):


Batter my palate, banana flavored barium for thee:
A refreshing yet mellow nectar of luminous splendor!
Let no earthly fruit sully thy chalky radioactivity,
Nor paltry luncheon interrupt thy furious temblor!

No lesion, tumor, nor button half-digested
Can hide itself before thy god-like brightness;
Thy savor like the dust from tin roofs crested,
Illuminate my colon with thy clear whiteness!

O, potassium-free seeker! Thou fruit-free pathfinder!
Let me not sojourn without tamales in vain!
Behold me and murmur: Her gullets I'll wander,
For the flavor of nanners always beats plain!

Nine weeks without barium face me, tra-la
What about next time: perchance, vanilla?

[enter Pete] OK, so that was Lola's creative outpouring. Here's mine, which came to me all at once as I was cleaning cat-sick off her blue suede shoes (no joke!). This is, of course, what husbands are for.

I'm cleaning vomit off your shoe
Because I care for you.
I'm cleaning vomit off your shoe.
It's what I like to do.
I'm cleaning vomit off your shoe
Because our love is true.
And when the vomit's off your shoe,
Your shoe will once again be blue.

Give me a call, and I'll sing it for you. I could transcribe the tune, but wouldn't you rather hear me sing? You can call me any time, because I'm quitting my day job to be a crooner.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand why people want their barium creamy.
Sarita

September 12, 2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger lo said...

When it comes to barium, creamy beats crunchy any day.

September 12, 2007 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pete,
Although I love your song (who wouldn't) I am worried about your future as a day crooner. Not everyone can appreciate the depths of your love for Lo, all the way down to her puke encrusted shoes.

Dear Lo,
CRUNCHY?! gross don't even come close, girl!

I am so happy for you both!!! Lo's news just gets better all the time! I love you both. Amy

September 14, 2007 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home