Monday, December 10, 2007

Today

I walked home from work today. A couple of blocks from the office, I looked over to my left, into the yard of a cottage. There in the yard was a little fox, all orange fur and elegant black socks. He looked up at me with his big yellow eyes, huge ears cocked to attention. He was trying to decide whether or not to run as I stood there and said, "oh, hello!"
He decided that whatever it was that he smelled was more compelling than I was frightening. I stood there, watching the fox dig in the snow, marvelling alternately at how tame it was, and then how gentle my aura was, that this fox felt no fear in my presence.
That's when the fox dug up a frozen dog poop and started to eat it.
First thought: well, so, at least they're good for something.
Second thought: Gross.
Third thought: I totally have to share this.

3 Comments:

Blogger la rebelde said...

that's hilarious! haha!

December 10, 2007 11:42 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Gross! How could you tell that's what it was?

December 11, 2007 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you wordsmiths, the proper term is "merdivorous." Yucky, isn't it.

Carlena

December 12, 2007 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home