Friday, April 28, 2006

Never marry a Mexican geek

An apology to our community of readers for not posting. Lola is struggling to finish her last chapter, and I, Pete, have been in training for my census job, then pounding the pavement in Austin's leafy "French Place" neighborhood asking nosy questions.

But while Lola is not looking, I wanted to warn you all. I know what she's up to, and it's not pretty. Those of you who have looked at our gift registry may have noticed the robotic vacuum cleaner and thought "ho ho, how cute. who'll ever get them that, and what would they do with it anyway?"

That's what I thought too, but now I know better. You know the "cruel streak" in the Meskin nature identified by Walter Prescott Webb? Remember the WWII-era LA law enforcement officials who testified that zoot-suit-wearing youth had all the bloodlust of their Aztec forebears? You thought it wasn't true, huh?

Well I've figured out Lola's plan

Kuku says, "Bring 'em on" with his best Cheney-face. It's John Henry vs. the steam drill all over again.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Brown Recluse said...

Holy mother of dust mites, that's a scary picture of Kuku. His eyes, I can feel them burning me.

May 03, 2006 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home